5 Minute Chocolate Cupcake
Cooking a chocolate cupcake in a mug may seem foolhardy and a little unsafe. But here’s a quick Chocolate Cupcake recipe that works a treat.
5 Minute Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients (serves one, or two if you’re feeling virtuous)
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, ( I actually used a Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup as I knew it was microwave safe – and I didn’t think my coffee mugs were big enough) and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate, or eat straight from the mug.
Alternative Method (I think this is better)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Beat the egg in a cup and then add to the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Now add the milk and oil and mix, and then add the vanilla and the choc chips.
- Use 4 large paper cup cake pans (I doubled them and used one inside the other for each cake) & divide the mixture evenly between them.
- Put around the edge of the microwave plate. Cook 3 minutes 1000 watts ( high)
- Allow to cool and then eat straight away.
And why is this the most dangerous chocolate cupcake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only five minutes away from chocolate cupcake at any time of the day or night.
If you have the time and desire, you can make this incredibly tasty salted chocolate hot fudge and overlay your chocolate cupcake
You are going to print this out straight away