9 Tips How to Buy the Best Refrigerator
9 Tips How to Buy the Best Refrigerator for Your Needs
Refrigerators are essential household appliances and buying one nowadays can become a headache for some
With a broad range of designs and manufactures jamming so much technology and features into refrigerators now, choosing one that meets your requirements and budget can be tricky sometimes. So, we have come up with a simple guide to help you out.
Choose A Style
Refrigerators come in all styles and configurations to suit every household. Some models like French-door models are popular than most models
All models have their pros and cons. Here’s what you need to know to buy the best refrigerator that matches your needs.
Top-freezer refrigerators are the most conventional models, with freezer compartment on top. They have most storage space and cost less than most other models. They can place in tight spots, though they need a wide swing for the doors. However, they come with fewer features than most other fridges.
Top freezer refrigerators look similar to top freezers, but the freezer compartment is at the bottom. This makes accessing food items on the fridge easier without bending. Some bottom freezer models have drawers instead of doors in the freezer compartment. Like the top freezer models, they also have decent storage.
It has two narrow doors on top, and the freezer unit is below. They have less storage space than top freezers, but as the doors swings on both sides, accessing food is much easier than other fridge models. However, they cost more but have more features than top or bottom freezers like ice and water dispensers on the doors.
These fridges have two doors with the refrigerator on one side and the freezer on the other. These models usually have ice and water dispensers on its doors and temperature-controlled drawers and bins. These refrigerators are suitable for small kitchens as the doors require less swing space. They don’t have much storage space and aren’t energy efficient either.
Built-In refrigerators are the most expensive than most fridge models and come in side-by-side or bottom freezer styles. Some models have French-door styles. These refrigerators look great and compliment the kitchen decor.
Compact or Mini Refrigerator
Compact refrigerators are perfect for offices, dorm rooms or small kitchen. The cost the least then all fridges but at the same time have the least amount of usable space. They are easy to install, and some compact fridge models also have a freezer.
Before buying a refrigerator consider the needs of your family. Measure the space in your kitchen where you’ll place the fridge. Make sure your kitchen enough space clearance so the fridge doors can swing freely and one inch of space around the fridge for the air to flow freely. Also, check if your home and kitchen doors are wide enough for the fridge to pass through.
Other Features You Might Want To Look For
Manufacturers put more options and features on refrigerators to make your life easier and organized. However, fridges that have the most features are expensive and are less energy-efficient. But, there are some features you might want to look out for:
- Buy a fridge that has ice and water dispensers. They are useful when you have guests and need a constant supply of ice and water.
- Look out for fridges that have adjustable racks and drawers. Check if the fridge, you’re buying has ample space and height to store jars and bottles of any shapes and sizes.
- Buy a refrigerator that has an antibacterial coating inside of it. This prevents bacteria growth in the food items and the fridge’s interiors.
- Always buy a fridge that has air filter systems as it helps reduce odors. It will also keep the food items fresh and last longer.
- Check if the fridge you are buying has temperature and climate control system and the options to monitor the temperature of the fridge or drawers and the freezers automatically. For example, the drawer where you store meat and fish should be much colder than the rest of the fridge.
- Always choose a refrigerator that is energy-efficient. You don’t want to invest in a fridge that causes your energy bills to rise. Buy a refrigerator with the EPA Energy Star rating. This rating means that your fridge is 25 percent energy-efficient that other fridges in the market.
Bhawani Singh is a well-rounded blogger who has a wide variety of interests and specializes in doing in depth research for every project. He is an expert in doing in depth market research and also a notorious Write, Editor, Blogger. Love to ride Bike. Chat with Strangers. Love to read and write technology blog posts. He currently is a blogger for http://www.ispyprice.com/blog in a genuine effort to provide the best quality content to his readers.https://allblogroll.com/9-tips-buy-best-refrigerator/https://allblogroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Refrigerator-for-Your-Needs-1024x617.jpghttps://allblogroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Refrigerator-for-Your-Needs-150x150.jpgHome ImprovementHome,Home improvement,interior,Kitchen9 Tips How to Buy the Best Refrigerator for Your NeedsRefrigerators are essential household appliances and buying one nowadays can become a headache for some. With a broad range of designs and manufactures jamming so much technology and features into refrigerators now, choosing one that meets your requirements and...Anatoliy SimeonovAnatoliySimeonovanatoliy.firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorAll blogroll - The informative website